Roshi Productions

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Rooms Down the Hallway Reading

Danny and I went to my colleague Erin Trahan's poetry reading at the Hallway Gallery in Jamaica Plain. The event was a Rooms Down the Hallway event, which is a reading series held at the gallery. Erin is my amazing editor at The Independent and we are currently co-editing The Independent's Guide to Film Distribution, Second Edition.

The reading was packed (dare I call it sold out, though it was open to the public?) The writers who shared their work:  Celeste Ng, Erin Trahan and Chip Cheek. A diverse, authentic and powerful collection of work! We heard about anything from glacier poetry to a fantastical Twisted Sister anecdote.  Definitely check out these writers and their work--

I've commented on the role in space and art before, and the idea of a space shaping a community/performance is so well demonstrated by the Hallway Gallery. Does using a re-purposed space change the relationship between performer and viewer? See photos below (though they aren't the best pictures - I was in the very, very back because I was late!).




Thanks to the organizers and the Hallway gallery for putting together this creative and thought-provoking event!