Roshi Productions

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bright City Lights

I've been working on a proposal for a light installation recently and have thus become interested in the way lights are used around city. Who uses lights? What types of lights? When are they on? Where are the lights located? Why are they being used?

Here is a short, impressionistic video that I took while waiting outside the Boston Opera House. They are the lights for the Paramount theater.


I've also been thinking about how artists digest the world and use it as inspiration. While this light installation is a new project for me, I realize that it isn't the first time I've used lights in my work simultaneously as a subject/medium (thought I'm using those terms loosely). As part of my 7 d.a.y.s. experimental film project, Danny and I made a short video about city lights.